Name Change

In most states, you can legally change your name through use. You can choose a name and easily use it in social institutions and in your company. In most states, it is a fairly simple process to change your name through the judiciary. In fact, most government websites have online forms that you can print and use. Request to change your name by filling in a name change form, an order to show the cause of the change in the legal name and a decree to change your name legally.

For more information, please contact the Texas Department of Public Safety . If the court requires you to have a criminal background check before your hearing. If you need a criminal background check, send your fingerprint card to the Texas Department of Public Safety with a sealed copy of your petition to change an adult’s name in court. If you want to change your name legally, you must complete and submit forms for changing names in court.

In most cases, publication is a formality that does not hinder the name change process. However, if you want to obtain a driver’s license, passport and other documents with your married name, you must change your name on your social security card. When you change your name on your social security card, passport, driver’s license and other important places, you need this court order. Send the forms by registered mail and request a return receipt to demonstrate that they have been received. These documents must be sent 20 days or more before the session date. This is to enable the prosecutor or the director of criminal law to object to your request to change the name.

The Texas Department of Public Safety website has specific instructions for sending fingerprint cards for a legal name change. Publication costs can vary greatly between newspapers and your exemption from court costs does not waive your publication costs. Therefore, it is very important that you verify the price of the publication BEFORE placing the name of the newspaper in the Order to show the cause of the name change.

Objections will be raised if these individuals believe that their reason for changing their name is to avoid creditors, hinder criminal prosecution or commit criminal or civil fraud. If no objection has been raised to your petition, change my name the court may issue your decision without the need for a hearing. You must consult the court a few days before the hearing whether it will take place. You can change your name by following your state’s name change guidelines.

The procedure can be overwhelming and it is easy to legally postpone the name change even months after your wedding. With the order you can take the new name after 30 days from the date of the hearing. At the hearing, the judge will assess your documents and see if there are any objections to your request to change the name. If one of the people who have been informed of your name changes the objections in the application file in the petition, the court will ask you to answer questions about the objections. If you lie about the answers to these questions, you can be charged with a fourth-degree crime. You will receive from the court the date of determining the hearing decision with a designated hearing date designated by the judge in that order.

You must post a newspaper session date message so that anyone who can object to the name change will have the opportunity to question it. You must immediately send a copy of the order to the newspaper mentioned in the order. The newspaper must publish the announcement of the session date at least once within two weeks before the session date. After the newspaper has published a notice of the session date, you will receive a copy of an affidavit. The affidavit is an affidavit from the newspaper stating that the newspaper has published the information in the court order. Leave this document partially blank when you present it to the employee.

In the event of a name change due to a marriage, they may want to see your marriage certificate and other ID as a driver’s license. If the court has changed your name to your final divorce decree, your name will change. However, it is your responsibility to change your official documents (such as your social security card and your driver’s license or state ID card) to show your new name. To legally change your name, you must petition your local Supreme Court.

Assuming you’re trying to change your name through a formal change to the official name, your first step is to go to the right court and file a petition. You must do this within two weeks of the date of the final judgment date. Visit the MVC website for additional information, including the list of acceptable documents to meet the MVC identification requirements